Thursday, March 6, 2014

3/6/14 Love, life, laughter

I was just thinking about why I say these words at the end of this. And I know they're part of an awfully popular quote, "Live every moment, Laugh every day, Love beyond words", but that isn't where I get it from. They actually come from the tattoo I want to get, and no this isn't going to be a post talking about myself in a long overly drawn out anecdote, it's going to be about words. The tattoo is going to be from my hip to my ribs with 7 butterflies, each a color of the rainbow. Then next to each butterfly will be a word in cursive. "Hope, Love, Live, Laughter, Imagination, Happiness, Friendship" The butterflies represent freedom and each word is something worth striving for. Then each also represent something of their own.
Hope is hope for something better to always come. Hope for a new day, a new sunrise. Hope for my life to work out how I want it to. When Pandora opened her box so many things were released and left to terrorize humans. But she was left with hope. So even when there is nothing left at all, there is always hope. A flame left at the bottom of the box, a flame left burning in every person.
Love to me is equivalent to hope. But maybe that's because I have an exceptional love for everything. I could meet a person once and just love them immediately. That doesn’t always happen, but I do love humans as a whole. We may be sincerely messed up sometimes, but there is good in everyone and I love that good with the bad. People are people and if you can't love the bad, how can you ever love the good?
Live. Well this one is rather self explanatory I suppose depending on some people's views. Breathing. One breath in, one breath out. Hearts pumping blood right? Okay good, that must mean I'm living. But I don't know, I suppose this means more than that. It's a reminder to stop thinking about what people might think and just love. Go. Be free and fly away and follow my dreams. Have confidence.
Laughter. I spent a while of my life not really having a sense of humor. Laughter is reminding me to take a joke and making mistakes isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes they're rather funny. It's a reminder not to be so hard on myself. Laughter means to be happy and to let go. To let loose
Imagination. To stay child like. To still be able to stare up at the clouds and see a bunny rabbit. If we lose being a child, well then I'd lose other things as well. Imagination is a childhood building block and sometimes people forget to keep cultivating it even in adulthood. But acting like a child goes back to that freedom. To let loose and take yourself to another place in your dreams is a great skill and one that requires imagination.
Happiness. I want to wake up with a smile and go to sleep with a smile. Though that isn't hard to do because I don't physically have the capability of frowning. Like my mouth doesn't work like that, I've tried. I want a reason to get up and go to school or to some menial job for 8 hours a day. I need something like this blog will give me, an excuse to look for the little things and find happiness in them. A butterfly on a tree, a bunny shaped cloud, a freshly opened rose, anything
Friendship. Because what is life without companions to share it with. I want people that I can be a dork around and have them still have my back. I want a shoulder to cry on and an arm to lean on. That's what friends are for. Not back stabbing and back trashing. I want friends that are there through thick and thin. This is one of the butterflies for striving towards.
There is meaning behind the most innocent of words. The word butterfly. What's the first thing that pops into your head? The first thing for me is a blue butterfly flying away, kind of like in Alice in Wonderland. There's something behind everything and something in everything. I hope this made you think of some things that are maybe more meaningful.
With love, life, and laughter

Brina :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment