Friday, March 7, 2014

3/7/14 I beat number 90 on the list!!

So yes, I know. I already did a swimming post. But to be completely honest I didn't anticipate to be crossing number 90 off of my bucket list so soon. That was my goal for the entire season, not for this very first meet. And I beat it. And you wouldn't believe how happy I am.
I'm not a fast swimmer. I am about 5 foot 1 inch tall, and have had stomach problems since the beginning of this year; resulting in lack of physical endurance. Oh and  I can't breathe. And I forget to breathe. And then the air feels like it's not going into my lungs. Then I start breathing in water. Alas, I drown after one too many laps. The height thing matters because anyone who is a lot taller than me, the second they go off the block (the thing we dive off of) they're a good few feet ahead of me. The physical endurance effects me majorly because although I'm relatively strong, I can't always keep going during strokes at the same pace as everyone else. It just doesn't work like that, hopefully it will soon.
I did have a 48 second freestyle time. I managed to drop that to a 41 second freestyle time. That was because I worked hard. I pushed it, I refused to lift my head out of the water to breathe until I had to, breathing would have slowed me down. I succeeded in my flip turn, a skill I've been working on for the past weeks. And my dive was okay, another thing I have been practicing for weeks. Practice makes perfect.
But it couldn't have been just practice. Just practice, no passion doesn't make for anything good. When a kid starts reading, they want to read, they want to have that skill. But later in life they lose that passion so even though they've had practice at it and could be very good readers, they don't have enough passion. I had passion, I had drive. Well I forced myself to have both.
Because if I don't have passion, then I won't try. I would have stuck around my 48 second free time, and been content. But no, I'm going to keep pushing it until I get into the 30s, I know I won't get into the twenties, that would be insane. But I will keep pushing it.
I think goals are something good for everyone to strive for, I mean look at my bucket list. I can't accomplish half of those if I don't make them happen myself. I may not find passion in school or even set goals for it anymore, especially in math class, but if I start actually working in swim, hey maybe other things will follow. Setting that as my free goal helped me accomplish it, maybe if I set a goal in math to turn in every assignment for the next week that would help there too. I'm not sure.
So that's my thing to live for, actually from yesterday. Living for goals that make me happy. Living for passion. I like that, passion is a good thing to have. Especially you know where ;) ;) couldn't let that one go untouched, sorry. Anyways, hope you all have a wonderful day!
With love, life, and laughter

Brina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment