Sunday, March 9, 2014

3/9/14 Number 96 has been checked off :)

I think the 90s for my bucket list are just plain lucky. Or maybe it's because number 96 was very obtainable. My main goal in life is to be a professional special effects makeup artist. Like the people on face off. But in order to do special effects, I also have to be able to do beauty. And I have never been that girl to spend 45 minutes on my make up every morning. And neither has my mom so any real make up experience comes from fooling around, or my friends.
Today while I was walking around Santa Cruz, I went into Urban Outfitters. Now for those of you that don't know, Urban Outfitters is a store with a bit of everything. There's really cute clothes, make up, hair stuff, gag jokes, anything really. And I managed to find a makeup kit marked down from 12 dollars to 1.99. And no there wasn't anything wrong with it and it was marked correctly. I asked. The kit came with a 6 color eye shadow palette, liquid eyeliner, lip gloss, make up brush, pencil eyeliner, mascara, and eyelid primer. I have never owned liquid eyeliner before and frankly it frightens me just a bit. What if I poke myself in the eye? What if I make a mistake with it being all wet and then it gets smudgy?
Put it this way, a perfect cat eye didn't seem at all like it was on the days agenda. But as I was chatting on the phone with my lovely friend Katrina, I decided to give it a go. I steadied my hand and went in for the kill. And I murdered that bitch, pardon my french. Check it out:

Don't mind the fuzzyness, this is my phone. Not bad for a first time right? And I washed it off just once! Granted this is my right eye (the thing flipped it) but still, I'm sure if I had the energy to do the other eye it wouldn't be too bad. Anyway I'm proud, and I'm crossing number 96 off the list. See what happens when goals are made?
With Love, life, and laughter
Brina

No comments:

Post a Comment